Hello! My name is R.J. Lorimer, and I’m a professional software developer.
I am currently working for UKG, Inc. (formerly Ultimate Software) as a principal software architect for multiple projects.
Prior to working for UKG, I spent eight years immersed in the high-energy (and never boring) gaming industry, first working for Electrotank as Director of Platform Engineering, then working for Mind Pirate as the Cloud Whisperer, and most recently working for High 5 Games as their Director of Server Development.
Over the course of my career, I have technically lead a large variety of powerful teams.
Here’s a mini CV:
- I’ve been developing in Java, or otherwise on the JVM for more than 20 years.
- My expertise is in building high-concurrency, low-latency, fault-tolerant systems.
- Working in the games industry has given me unique experience in building low-latency systems at significant scale. This has given me valuable knowledge in low-level network, complex clustering problems, and large data management.
- The games industry also deals with tremendous amounts of data (hundreds of terabytes) all day long, so I have developed a lot of knowledge working with large scale database and distributed technologies.
- I have done a significant amount of editorial work over the years.
- I do all my own stunts.
Please feel free to Contact Me!